Friday, June 6, 2008

Sleepless in Nashvegas

For the past few nights, I have yet to get more than 4.5 - 5 hours of sleep. If I do, I end up waking up around 4am-ish, and then possibly going back to bed at 8 AM and sleeping for a couple more hours (or until my phone starts ringing). Quite frankly, it is a bit annoying. Plus, my dad ALWAYS told me that if I did not get enough sleep that I would end up getting sick. So yeah, now I'm just waiting for a lovely cold to take up residence in my body. :-p I would LOVE to sleep through the night, but I'm not sure what needs to happen to make that a reality. Maybe I just need to go sit in the sun for an hour. I've been told that if you don't get enough melatonin (which is nutrient from the sun), then that could attribute to sleepless nights. Maybe I'll just buy a bottle of a natural supplement. And I'm going to try and start exercising more, so hopefully, that'll help as well.

On to other news...

UPDATE ON COMCAST: So, nothing has really changed. We did receive an email from a Comcast rep about our service (after he was alerted to my blog!), but I'm not sure if there is anything he can really do for us. We had a friend basically give us an older television he had since he switched all his TVs to flat screens. (Gee...that must've been sooooo hard.) So, now we have a TV for watching movies, and a TV for watching cable. Ghetto anyone? I mean, at this point, when we go to other people's houses that have more than basic basic cable, we drool. We're like, "Let's watch the Discovery Channel! Oh, is Paula Dean on? What about the SCI-FI channel??" I know...it's sad. :) One day, when we can get a flat screen AND DVR, life will be even better...entertainment wise. LOL

We're still using Blockbuster Online, which we love. In fact, I just got done watching the movie "Once", which won an Oscar for Best Original Song. The music is absolutely beautiful and raw and satisfying. But I know Kyle wouldn't be that into it. However, I think the soundtrack is probably a must have. So here's a run down of movies we've seen lately (rental and theatre):

IRON MAN
- Robert Downey Jr. is HOT, and is BRILLIANT as Tony Stark. LOVED this movie!
CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: PRINCE CASPIAN - I actually enjoyed this one. It was pretty late when we saw it (10:15 PM showing), but it held my attention the majority of the time. Great effects!
WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS - predictable, but cute.
MISS PETIGREW LIVES FOR A DAY - very cute, funny, touching...looking forward to the DVD
YEAR OF THE DOG (rental) - umm...PASS.
CATCH AND RELEASE - umm...PASS again. This movie was so disjointed, and I just couldn't get into it.
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN - Tom Hanks is brilliant, and it was cool to see Amy Adams in one of her earlier movies. She's got a great career ahead of her.
27 DRESSES - Loved it! And the first dress she's wearing in the movie, is the dress we wore at my sister's recent wedding! Score ONE for David's Bridal!
PLEASANTVILLE - Kyle had talked about this movie, but I had never seen it all the way through. I really enjoyed it, though it was all there morally speaking.
THE 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGIN - we stopped the movie about 30 minutes into it. It was just too much foul and suggestive language. Basically unnecessary, and a disappointment.
P.S. I LOVE YOU - OHMIGOODNESS...I bawled my eyes out! GREAT movie!
THE GOLDEN COMPASS - Not sure what all the fuss was about, but it was a pretty good movie. I just hope they make a sequel b/c it leaves you hanging. I read that the plan was to do a sequel, but since the domestic returns weren't high enough, they're thinking of passing on it.

So that's it for now. I'm probably going to go watch some more movies. I haven't watched Hairspray in a while! :)

No comments: