Tuesday, June 24, 2008

"Boom, Boom, Boom" coming to an end

Well, after a few weeks of this drilling into rock going on across the street, I took it upon myself to call Harding Academy and find out if there was any relief in sight. Turns out, THERE IS!!

On Thursday of this week, they are going to do surveys for minor blasting which will (hopefully) take place next week sometime. Apparently, they weren't expecting all the rock that they hit after the initial dig. So, the current drilling that is going on was not a part of the original plan. To expedite the process (and b/c it's cheaper), they will do minor blasting, which means that the 6:30 AM unwanted wake-up call will quickly come to an end! I think we might have a party to celebrate!

And I guess I should hold out a little bit longer before going to the store to purchase ear plugs. I was seriously contemplating buying a sleeping mask and ear plugs at some point this week. 'Course, I might still buy the sleeping mask for our trek back to Ozark, AL this Friday.

Thank goodness for a light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments: