Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Personal Trainer: Part 1

It dawned on me the other day that one session with my personal trainer costs $20 more than just one MONTH of my gym membership. How does that work??

I met with my PT, Garrett, on the Monday before Christmas. We worked through the plan that Stephanie (hi!!) wrote out for me, which he made a couple of tweaks too. The tweaks being the number of sets he wants me doing, amount of weight to use, etc. Needless to say, it kicked my butt, and my thighs hurt for 2 days. But that's a good thing I guess. We were going to meet on Christmas Eve, but I had a last minute schedule change, so we have rescheduled for next Monday.

I really like the idea of having a personal trainer, but it is an expense that I can't really afford on a regular basis. I read a quote from the guy trainer on the Biggest Loser that a big trend this coming year will be people taking more group classes due to the affordability vs. personal training. I can totally see that. I haven't taken a group class yet, but I think I'm going to try one out when we get back next week. Of course, this coming few weeks are probably going to be NUTS with all the people joining gyms with their New Year's resolutions.

I need to whip myself into shape b/c the cruise is a month away!!

1 comment:

Personal Trainer Directory said...

This blog have been helped me a lot to realize more things regarding the tax related issues which is very much interesting.