Sunday, December 21, 2008

Me and the Gym

Well, as I chronicled on here, I joined the gym on December 1. Since then, I've worked out about 4 times/week, except this past week b/c I was sick. I've really enjoyed working out! It has been a great stress reliever, and I just feel better all around. Since not being able to work out this week, I've noticed a HUGE difference in how I feel, eating habits, sleeping habits, etc.

One of my college buddies (Hi Steph!) has been kind enough to write me an exercise plan out. I'm meeting with a personal trainer, Garrett, tomorrow morning & Wednesday morning to go over the plan, and for him to show me how to use the weight machines. He's also going to give me a few tips on working out on the road when I don't have access to the machines. I did NOT join the YMCA, so I don't have access to several gyms when I'm on the road. But really? Why would I do that? Half the time, I would be at a hotel that has a fitness room or at someone's house that has stuff I could use. Just saying...

My parents bought a Wii b/c my mom wanted Wii Fit, so while we're at their house for Christmas/New Year's, I'm going to try that out. I'll let you know how that turns out. :)

So, I guess I'm going to blog more regularly about my fitness journey. Several people have expressed interest in following me on this journey and cheering me on, and I'll definitely need as much encouragement as I can get!! (As if the monthly gym fee wasn't enough encouragement to be at the gym!! ha!)

So...here goes nothing! :)

No comments: