Monday, September 8, 2008

96.3 JACK FM's Ordinary Listener of the Week

So, lately, I've been listening to a radio station here in Nashville mainly b/c I can't get Solid Gospel in my car to hear my song on the radio. :) But I love JACK FM and the mix of songs that they play. It's great driving music! Well, I visited their website and signed up to be their "Ordinary Listener of the Week". Basically, I got to do voice over work for them on commercials. It was a lot of fun! They posted bloopers from my session on YouTube, and I'm posting it here, as well as the answers to their survey, for your enjoyment. :)



Survey Answers: http://963jackfm.com/Article.asp?id=433094&spid=9018
JACK'S ORDINARY LISTENER OF THE WEEK
Tara Jackson

NAME: Tara Jackson

NICKNAME: Teera, TJack, TJ, Dork, Ta-ra-ra-boom-ti-ay (that's from my sisters)

WHAT'S YOUR JOB: Full-time Southern Gospel solo artist / artist manager / booking agent for indie SG & CCM artists

WHERE DO YOU LIVE: Nashvegas

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR: Red

TURN ONS: Beautiful eyes & smile - good sense of humor.

TURN OFFS: Back hair & bad breath - bad sense of humor.

WHAT'S YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT THIS WEEK: Well, if I'm going to be perfectly honest, it was singing in a showcase this weekend while extremely sick and under a lot of medication. Winning said showcase, and advancing to the mainstage to sing in front of several thousand people who gave me a couple of standing ovations. I gained a lot of new fans and earned the respect of some huge power players in the SG world. And I feel good about not passing out in the midst of all of that. :)

WHAT IS THE LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED: on DVD - Minority Report; in theatre - Batman (IMAX!!!)

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CONDIMENT:
Chick-fil-a's Polynesian Sauce

PEOPLE SAY I AM MOST LIKELY TO: Be famous. At least, that's what they voted me as in high school. Seriously...that was my superlative. I was voted Most Talented, but some girl got all up in arms about it b/c she wanted it, so they created a sub category. Geez. High school politics.

WHICH CELEBRITY DO YOU MOST RESEMBLE:

LOL My husband has said that I have Charlize Theron's eyes, but as far as resembling someone...ummm...a white Jennifer Hudson? I have no earthly idea.

Since we're in Music City, what was the name of your first band? If you weren't in a band, just make up a name.
I'm Not That Witty (made up name)

EXCUSE FOR LISTENING: I misplaced my Journey CD and since I'm too cheap to buy a new one, I listen to Jack FM to hear them for free. :)

No comments: